İngiliz Dili Öğretimi ve Mesleki Gelişim Derneği (TESOL) is a national association of ELT professionals committed to advancing the quality of English language teaching by contributing to the sustainable quality of teacher education and in-service professional learning in Turkey through collaboration, open exchange of practice, research, standards, and advocacy.
To become an international association trusted for knowledge and expertise in English language teaching, teacher education and in-service professional learning.
The fundamental goals of İngiliz Dili Öğretimi ve Mesleki Gelişim Derneği (TESOL), in line with the mission and vision statements specified above, are as follows:
- To provide a platform where a large community of teachers and teacher educators can exchange views, experiences, practices, research so as to learn from each other and offer mutual professional support
- To encourage collaboration for professional development and quality assurance
- To help members develop their professional areas of interest through Special Interest Groups (SIGs)
- To develop links with Teachers’ Associations throughout the world for teachers to share knowledge and experience globally
- To offer professional development opportunities and awards open to all members
- To offer practical assistance to those who wish to establish their own professional development center and/or to those who need professional development at an institutional level by offering courses, roadshows, webinars, local events
- To implement research based activities that will help understand the member needs for both personal and professional improvement
- Integrity guided by ethical and transparent action
- Professionalism demonstrated by excellence in standards, research, and practice that improve learning outcomes
- Commitment to life-long learning
- Respect for diversity