AFFILIATE NETWORK COUNCIL
The Affiliate Network Council (ANC) supports İngiliz Dili Öğretimi ve Mesleki Gelişim Derneği (TESOL) by helping to ensure a strong Affiliate Network. The ultimate objective of ANC is to connect the community of professionals involved in English Language Teaching and to establish relationships and partnerships with national and international associations and institutions dedicated to excellence in the field of ELT.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Affiliate Network Council (ANC) shall have the following responsibilities related to its purpose (other tasks may be assigned by the Board of Directors as needed):
- search for and communicate with institutions and associations that share the same aims as İngiliz Dili Öğretimi ve Mesleki Gelişim Derneği (TESOL)
- investigate and document criteria to become affiliates with international associations dealing with English Language Teaching and Professional development
- hold correspondence with other affiliate associations to develop and maintain the
- collaborate with professional councils and with the Board of Directors to start procedures to become an affiliate member of institutions and associations that share the same mission and vision with İngiliz Dili Öğretimi ve Mesleki Gelişim Derneği (TESOL)
- facilitate methods to collect, share, and disseminate information and knowledge on
emerging professional issues through the Affiliate Network
- encourage the sharing of professional knowledge, information, and expertise via contacts and affiliations established
- research opportunities for cooperative events, projects, and initiatives between İngiliz Dili Öğretimi ve Mesleki Gelişim Derneği (TESOL) and Affiliate Associations and Institutions
- promote communication and collaboration among members of the English Language Teaching community on both national and international grounds by collaborating with the other councils and with the Board of Directors
- search for and provide scholarships to enable the sharing of professional knowledge, information, and expertise by collaborating with relevant councils
- establish and maintain close contact and collaboration with non-governmental bodies within Turkey which are dedicated to excellence in ELT (The British Council, The US Embassy)
- establish affiliation criteria for those interested in becoming affiliates of İngiliz Dili Öğretimi ve Mesleki Gelişim Derneği (TESOL)
Duties of the ANC Board Liaison (ANCBL)
The ANCBL works with members of the ANC on all of the above-listed duties and is responsible for the following:
- delegating tasks to the members of the council
- overseeing that activities and tasks are being completed as planned and according to schedule
- supervising all the results of the research conducted by members concerning the opportunities, criteria, and procedures to become affiliates with associations and institutions in the field of ELT
- seeking the approval of the Board of Directors on becoming affiliates with associations and institutions in the field of ELT
- collaborating with the other board liaisons to ensure the smooth flow of information between councils
- updating members on attempted and finalized affiliations
- updating members on all kinds of cooperative projects, events, and initiatives between İngiliz Dili Öğretimi ve Mesleki Gelişim Derneği (TESOL) and Affiliate Associations and Institutions
Terms of Service
The ANC shall consist of 5 to 8 members and a board liaison.
Members are appointed by the TESOL Board of Directors through an application process, the details and calendar of which are announced on the TESOL web site. The application solicits information regarding the applicants’ knowledge of the strategic direction of the association, length of involvement with TESOL, professional training, and relevant experience. Once appointed, council members make a one-year commitment to serve. They may seek to renew their commitment annually for up to three years of service. The Board of Directors ensures adequate membership to enable to the ANC to carry out its duties and responsibilities.
Applicants should have knowledge of the strategic direction of the association and demonstrate strong commitment to the organization. They should also have strong communication and teamwork skills. When selecting members to the ANC, the Board of Directors, in addition to the above criteria, shall take into consideration the balance between state versus foundation university representation on the council as well as the balance between geographical representation.