What is İngiliz Dili Öğretimi ve Mesleki Gelişim Derneği (TESOL)?
İngiliz Dili Öğretimi ve Mesleki Gelişim Derneği (TESOL) is a non-profit professional association which was officially founded in June 2017 in Turkey after having functioned as T-PLUS (Trainers’ Professional Learning and Unlimited Sharing) since 2012.
Anyone involved in any aspect of English language teaching (curriculum, assessment, management, professional development, and so forth.) both within and outside Turkey can become a member of this association.
What are our mission and vision?
İngiliz Dili Öğretimi ve Mesleki Gelişim Derneği (TESOL) is a national association of ELT professionals committed to advancing the quality of English language teaching by contributing to the quality of teacher education and in-service professional learning in Turkey through collaboration, open exchange of practice, research, standards, and advocacy.
To become an international association trusted for knowledge and expertise in English language teaching, teacher education and in-service professional learning.
The fundamental goals of İngiliz Dili Öğretimi ve Mesleki Gelişim Derneği (TESOL), in line with the mission and vision statements specified above, are as follows:
- To provide a platform where a large community of teachers and teacher educators can exchange views, experiences, practices, research so as to learn from each other and offer mutual professional support
- To encourage collaboration for professional development and quality assurance
- To help members develop their professional areas of interest through Special Interest Groups (SIGs)
- To develop links with Teachers’ Associations throughout the world for teachers to share knowledge and experience globally
- To offer professional development opportunities and awards open to all members
- To offer practical assistance to those who wish to establish their own professional development center and/or to those who need professional development at an institutional level by organizing courses, roadshows, webinars, local events
- To implement research-based activities that will help understand the member needs for both personal and professional improvement
- Integrity guided by ethical and transparent action
- The professionalism demonstrated by excellence in standards, research, and practice that improve learning outcomes
- Commitment to life-long learning
- Respect for diversity
How do we operate?
İngiliz Dili Öğretimi ve Mesleki Gelişim Derneği (TESOL) is administered by a 5-member Board of Directors and 3-member Oversight Committee.
Board of Directors:
President: Bahar Gün (İzmir University of Economics)
Treasurer: Yeşim Eraslan (TED University)
Member: Beril Ayman Yücel (TOBB ETU)
Member: Sibel Tüzel Kandiller (Freelance)
Member: Yasemin Yelbay (Hacettepe University)
Kenan Dikilitaş (Bahçeşehir University)
Hande Kefeli Çalık (Yaşar University)
Sinem Atamsoy Koşar (Ege University)
What are the membership benefits?
- Professional Development through
- local events
- annual convention with well-known national and international speakers
- teacher training and trainer training courses
- online conferences
- networking opportunities
- Active involvement opportunity in Professional Councils
- Affiliate network
- Events Planning
- Free subscription to Newsletter & other publications
- Opportunity to become a member of professional learning communities (SIGS)
- Scholarships & Awards
How can you become a member?
To become a member, please
1. download and complete the membership form in the link below,
2. make the necessary bank deposits (membership entrance fee: TL 50 & annual membership fee: TL 150) payable to İngiliz Dili Öğretimi ve Mesleki Gelişim Derneği through DenizBank (Ankara Çukurambar Branch),
TL IBAN: TR96 0013 4000 0151 9159 4000 01
USD IBAN: TR69 0013 4000 0151 9159 4000 02
EUR IBAN: TR42 0013 4000 0151 9159 4000 03
You can pay through DenizBank (Ankara Çukurambar Branch).
3. send the membership form, a copy of your ID, your photo and the bank receipt to email@example.com.
The entrance membership fee is 50 TL.
The annual membership fee is 150 TL.
The fee entitles you to attend the one-day local events free of charge and the annual convention at a reduced price. Members receive a biannual online professional magazine and annual online bulletin accessible through the members-only area of the website.
How can you get further information about the association?
Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org